Applications & Filings
If you have questions or need guidance on how to submit your documents, please contact the NEB.
Companies regulated by the National Energy Board Act (NEB Act), Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act (COGOA) or Canada Petroleum Resources Act (CPRA) are required to seek the Board’s authorization or approval for various activities.
Applications under the NEB Act include:
- the construction and operation of international and interprovincial pipelines and international power lines in Canada, along with related facilities and activities, or modifying or abandoning existing facilities;
- the export of crude oil, natural gas liquids and electricity, and the export and import natural gas; and,
- establishing pipeline tolls and tariffs.
Under COGOA, approval is required for the following activities on non-Accord federal lands:
- the exploration and drilling for oil and gas; and
- the production, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Applications under CPRA are required to provide information for the Board to:
- determine possible Declarations for Significant or Commercial Discovery on non-Accord federal lands.
I want to...
- Submit an Application or Regulatory Document
- Submit a Letter of Comment
- View Regulatory Documents
- View Major Applications and Projects
- Listen to a Hearing or Attend an Information Session
- Date modified: