ARCHIVED - NEB Announces Public Hearing for TransCanada 2015-2030 Settlement Agreement
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
For immediate release
9 May 2014
NEB Announces Public Hearing for TransCanada 2015-2030 Settlement Agreement
CALGARY - The National Energy Board (NEB or the Board) will hold a public hearing to consider an application from TransCanada Pipelines Ltd. (TransCanada) to review its request for approval of its 2015 to 2030 tolls application for its Canadian Mainline System.
The application is based on a settlement agreement negotiated between TransCanada and Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc., Union Gas Limited and Gaz Métro Limited Partnership. The application proposes tolls for the 2015 through 2020 period and provides a methodology, for Board approval, for calculation of tolls for the 2021 to 2030 period.
The NEB has identified a number of issues for discussion during the hearing, including:
- The appropriateness of the proposed toll design for 2015-2020,
- The appropriateness of the proposed revenue requirem ents and rate base over the 2015-2020 term,
- The appropriate allocation of risks and rewards among TransCanada, Mainline shippers and other stakeholders over the 2015-2020 term,
- The appropriateness of continued pricing discretion for Interruptible Transportation and Short Term Firm Transportation services, and
- The appropriateness of the proposed framework for segmentation of the Mainline system post-2020.
The National Energy Board is an independent federal regulator of several parts of Canada's energy industry with the safety of Canadians and protection of the environment as its top priority. Its purpose is to regulate pipelines, energy development and trade in the Canadian public interest. For more information on the NEB and its mandate, please visit www.neb-one.gc.ca.
- 30 -
For further information:
National Energy Board
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
Facsimile (toll free): 1-877-288-8803
TTY (Teletype): 1-800-632-1663
- 2013-12-20 Application for Approval of Mainline 2013-2030 Settlement - RH-001-2014
- Hearing Order RH-001-2014 [Filing A60188]
- Date modified: