Service Standard for Short-Term Oil, Propane, and/or Butane Export Order Renewal Decision
Issue a decision on complete applications for the renewal of a short-term oil, propane, and/or butane export order by December 31 of the year of the order’s renewal.
The target for achieving this standard is set at 100% under normal circumstances.
Performance results are calculated on a calendar-year basis.
|Issue a decision on complete applications for the renewal of a short-term oil, propane, and/or butane export order application by December 31 of the year of the order’s renewal.||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Applying for a short-term oil, propane, or butane export order:
- National Energy Board Act, Part VI
- National Energy Board Act Part VI (Oil and Gas) Regulations
- Online Application System for a Short-term Oil, Propane, or Butane Export Order
Applying for a short-term oil, propane, or butane export order renewal:
- Each September, the National Energy Board sends out a renewal call letter to all current holders of Short-Term Oil, Propane, or Butane Export Orders.
- Order holders must reply to the Board by the first Monday of November to ensure that their renewal is processed by December 31.
The NEB’s assessment of applications for short-term oil, propane or butane export order renewals includes an evaluation of applicant information. There may be circumstances where confirmation of acceptability of the application requires additional evaluation by the NEB. In such circumstances, the NEB may require additional time to make a decision on issuance of an order. In these cases, the NEB will keep the applicant advised of the anticipated timeline for completion of the assessment.
If you believe the NEB is not meeting its performance standards, please call the NEB at 1-800-899-1265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: